Saturday, February 5, 2011

Some advice from McCall's in 1969

I have a lot of old sewing books and sometimes the advice they give really cracks me up, here's an example:
"FOR SHOPPING. In the city, a simple dress or suit is most appropriate. Add a comfortable top coat when necessary. Pants are out.
For neighborhood shopping in the suburbs, follow the same formula using casual styles. However, if you look well in slacks, you can wear them here."(McCall's Step-By-Step Sewing Book, 1969)
Okey dokey ..... pants are OUT for the city, I've been quite the rebel without even realising it.


And completely unrelated, here's a pic from Quito - I did buy some of those scarves. The table runners I bought in Otavalo look similar to the lime & orange number at the bottom of the pic too.
Quito, Ecuador 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment